The All New Popeyes Chicken Sandwich

Llerliyn Magaña

The all-new Louisiana Kitchen “Chicken Sandwich” has become a Nationwide sensation. A week after its release on August 12th, the new sandwich has sold out, and people are demanding more.

Memes and fights have surged on the internet in the last two weeks over who gets the last sandwich. Internet influencers do not tire of giving their opinion regarding the Popeyes chicken sandwich.

Alvin Charles, the entrepreneur of the Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits fast-food chain, started his business by opening “Chicken on the Run” on June 12, of 1972. Although it was a rough first month, Alvin decided to close “Chicken on the Run” to reopen as “Popeyes” which became a huge success. Popeyes has introduced many new ways of serving fried chicken along with fried shrimp with their famous Louisiana seasonings which is what made them famous.

After 47 years Popeyes decided to release a Chicken Sandwich, which quickly impacted their industry, earning them plenty of money. However, this also affected its daily workers’ stress, it increased the rush, and plenty of fights with customers arose for a full two weeks until their sellout. But what’s so special about the new sandwich? Is the price worth the hype? Is the internet making a big deal about this sandwich?

The chicken sandwich is made with, “A tender all-white meat chicken breast fillet, marinated in an authentic blend of Louisiana seasonings, then hand-battered and breaded in our all-new buttermilk coating. Served with crisp barrel cured pickles and Classic or Spicy Mayonnaise, served on a warm and toasted buttery brioche bun,” indicates the official Popeyes website. Many individuals have gone to great extremes to obtain one and be a part of the trend waiting in hour-long lines. There have also been many reports of fights between customers who waited in a long line to later find out they had run out, causing them exasperation and anger. In many cases, the workers were involved due to the impatience of the customers when finding out they had sold out creating big scenes. 

Christian Estrada, a student from Anaheim High School, was able to try this new item on the Popeyes menu. Although he said, “The line was hella packed” much like many other customers experienced hour-long lines, his experience was satisfying enough except for the thickness of pickles which he suggested to be thinner. Christian believes the sandwich was overhyped and, “The lines were too long” so he wouldn’t necessarily buy again, but he enjoyed it. Another student from Anaheim High School, Stephany Guerra, was interviewed to give her opinion on the Chick – fil – A sandwich along with his thoughts on the new Popeyes sandwich. “When I go buy the Chick – fil – A sandwich it’s very basic and simple sandwich which makes me enjoy it, but I wouldn’t try the Popeyes one because I hate long lines and everyone’s getting it. ”  

Will this sandwich come back for all of us to finally try? Will it be discontinued due to all the fights and arguments it has provoked? Many individuals hope for the return of this exquisite chicken sandwich and many more items as hyped as this. Will you try it when it’s back?