Pomona Defeats Anaheim 4-1

Gabriela Gonzalez, Reporter

On August 24th Anaheim High School’s girls volleyball team played against Pomona High School during their 9th pre-season game. All three levels of girls volleyball played and both schools arrived to the court with the mindset of winning.
The Frosh/Soph volleyball teams opened with the first serve of the night, followed by the Junior Varsity team, and the night ended with the Varsity game. The Anaheim girls faced a loss against Pomona high school’s Freshman team. Despite their best efforts the Varsity team also lost their game leaving the Junior Varsity to be the only team who won their game. Junior varsity won their game in two sets while Varsity lost their game in four sets and only managed to win one set.
After facing that loss Gwyneth Torreón, a varsity player, believes they were not able to win their game because the team lacked the chemistry needed to play as a whole. While they were able to win a few points in the end they did not win the necessary amount of sets. Coach Oscar was proud of his Junior Varsity players, as they were the only team that won that night. He explained that the most important part of playing as a team was unity. He felt the way the girls played showed communication and perseverance.