APAC Makes It to the MACY’s

APAC Makes It to the MACYs

Natalie Olivares, Editor in Chief

On April 29th, Anaheim’s Performing Arts Conservatory will be performing their rendition of The Addams Family Musical on the Segerstrom stage for The Spirit of the MACY’s awards ceremony. The conservatory was informed of its performance on Tuesday, April 16.

The Spirit of the MACY’s (Music and Arts Commendation for Youth) Awards has been recognizing high school musical theater production teams in California since 1969, and it is considered a great honor to be asked to perform for the awards ceremony. Forty-five schools throughout California participate in the Spirit of the MACY’s Awards, and of those, less than half are selected to perform on the Segerstrom Stage.

This is not Anaheim’s first run at the MACY’s, and our APAC program has won MACY awards in the past, including Best Male Dancer three years in a row by alumni Oliver Rodriguez, Best Dramatic Actress Alexia Rosa, and the Theatrical Excellence Award for King & I.

APAC will be performing their opening song “When You’re an Addams,” from their February rendition of The Addams Family.

“To know that they want to see what talent we have in store,” says senior Ray Ordiano, who played the lead of Gomez Addams, “that working hard can get you places…I am excited about being able to perform The Addams Family once again for others who are waiting to see what we have, whether it is our singing, dancing, or acting.”